The third annual Symposium on Cloud Computing , co-sponsored by ACM SIGMOD and ACM SIGOPS, will be held October 14-17 in San Jose, California. This is the first year that SOCC will not be co-located with another conference, which speaks volumes about the Symposium’s popularity and the growing importance of cloud computing. The program chairs for this year’s installment are Mike Carey from UC Irvine and Steven Hand from Cambridge.
Proposals are solicited for tutorials of either a half day (3 hours plus breaks) or full day (6 hours plus breaks). Submissions should be made via e-mail as a single PDF attachment sent to the SoCC PC Chairs and should include a cover sheet and an extended abstract. The cover sheet should specify:
- the title and the length of the tutorial;
- the intended audience (introductory, intermediate, or advanced);
- complete contact information for the contact person and other presenters.
- a brief biography for each presenter.
The 2-4 page extended abstract should include:
- motivation for having a tutorial on the proposed topic;
- explanations why the organizers think their proposed tutorial would be beneficial to the cloud computing community and of high interest and/or impact;
- an outline of the tutorial, along with descriptions of the course objectives and course materials.
- Tutorials Submission Deadline: July 13, 2012
- Notification of Acceptance: August 10, 2012
- Camera-Ready Summary Deadline: September 28, 2012
- Tutorial Day at SoCC: October 17, 2012
For questions regarding tutorial submissions please email the SoCC PC Chairs at email@example.com.
My thanks to Daniel Freedman, SoCC 2012 Publicity Chair, for sending this my way.