Sybase iAnywhere SQL AAnywhere Mobile and Embedded Database

Rows and Columns

SQL Anywhere perspective on technology

header image

SQL Anywhere on Windows 7

January 8th, 2010 · 8 Comments

Just a notice that we have recently published a new ebf for SQL Anywhere 9.0.2 (build 3924) that has been tested and is certified to run on Windows 7.

Download it from the Sybase Software Downloads site

Also, as a reminder, you can find all of the SQL Anywhere supported platforms information on the SQL Anywhere Supported Platforms page.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: SQL Anywhere

8 responses so far ↓

• 1 Steve // Jan 20, 2010 at 2:47 pm

It looks like this EBF (SA9_Full_WIN_X64.902_EBF_3924.exe) covers the full Sybase. How do I get a patch for the Runtime Edition?

Also the Runtime Edition of 9.0.2 posted for customers (32/64bit Dec 20, 2004, asa902winrt3264.zip) for download gives an error when installing on a Windows 64-bit machines. This installation generated the error: “Setup has detected that you are running on a 64-bit computer. To install the 64-bit version of SQL Anywhere, terminate this install, insert the Windows 64-bit CD, and run Setup. Do you want to terminate now?”

This would seem to be an error, as there is no second CD (and as the Sybase 10 Runtime does not have any similar issue). Where would I find the install with the fix?

• 2 Biff // Jan 26, 2010 at 8:22 am

The regular ebf install should upgrade the runtime engine as well.
    I believe there is an updated install for 64 bit platforms. I will try to find out.

• 3 Paul Thompson // Feb 18, 2010 at 7:41 am

Hi Biff: Were you successful in finding an updated installer for SQL Anywhere 9.0.x? Hunting around on sybase.com I am not finding a way of getting this to install on 64-bit Windows 7. Thanks.

• 4 Biff // Mar 18, 2010 at 5:59 pm

I asked technical support to download the 9.0.2 ebf from the website and apply it to a 9.0.2 install on a 64 bit machine. Everything went fine, so I am not sure what to tell you.

• 5 Paul Leitch // Jul 21, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Hi – I can’t find EBF 3924 and need to update my Sybase 9 clients for Windows 7 (32 bit). Is there a problem with the search site?

• 6 Jason Hinsperger, Product Manager // Jul 22, 2010 at 9:44 am

I just checked and it is there. It was released in January (>6 months ago) so you will have to expand the search timeframe at the top of the page that lists the various ebf downloads.

• 7 JJ // Jun 27, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I can’t find EBF 3924 64bit anymore.
    Where else can it be downloaded?

• 8 Jason Hinsperger, Product Manager // Aug 2, 2011 at 12:28 pm

You just need that build or higher. The latest ebf is sufficient.